👋 Hi, I'm Gonzalo. I use he/him pronouns.
I enjoy learning, I love sharing knowledge, and I thrive when collaborating with different people, teams, and functions. Witnessing someone help someone else do something for the first time makes my day. Delivering a product that respects a need we hadn't anticipated makes my week.
I currently try to get as much of the above as possible within a product team that enables content moderation teams to operate at scale, while also guiding independent artists towards creating successful products, in one of the world largest print-on-demand websites.
Off-hours, I split my time between a couple of open-source projects and supporting my partner's design practice.
- I publish code regularly on GitHub, as a way to share my thought process.
- In the past, I tried to write a blog with limited success. I learned that I prefer being able to iterate on the content I write.
- I've since played with different formats, and I am currently experimenting with publishing my own learning notes.
- Memorable Words: In the longer-term, want to create a reasonably usable Spanish word list for generating memorable passphrases. It is a slow-moving project, but one that's close to my heart. (first iteration and goals, some ideas)
I am @gonzalo-bulnes on GitHub, Gitter, and the Qubes OS forum.
- How to Design Programs by M. Felleisen et al.
- 🍐 Pairing — with engineers and other people, regularly or for the first time.
- "The right level of abstraction."
- Higher and lower-context cultures, and languages.
- Team of Teams, by S. McChrystal et al. — and similar cocktails of practices that enable collaboration.
- Accountability, retrospectives, managing failure. Taking advantage of disagreements, and more generally diversity of circumstances.
- Your favorite use of emojis! 🍱
By direct message wherever you find me, or firstname.lastname@example.org / then we can probably move to Signal.
E75F 4D69 5B88 92DE 8CF3 A912 99D3 D098 25B8 D1DB